Travel with Aging Parents hitting the one year mark this month! I was a bit nostalgic and rolled through all 131 blogs from the past year and identified my Top 9 posts. In no particular order:
- Top 10 Reasons to Travel with your Aging Parents – The inspiration for why I started this blog!
- Letting Go of Emotional Baggage – After 20+ years of traveling with my Mom, I still reread this post before we travel together. It’s hard to travel with anyone, let alone a family member. This post gives me inspiration that we’re gonna have a fabulous vacation!
- Travel Resolutions for the New Year – I offer four easy goals to spice up your life through travel. Take a peek!
- Chiang Mai, Thailand trip – Of all the trips I’ve taken with Mom, this vacation was one of my favorites. Between the elephant kissing mom, petting tigers or the fish pedicure, it was really a trip of firsts. Awesome time!
- Wheelchair Friendly Cities – I have a deeper appreciation for the challenges of getting around in a wheelchair now that Mom uses one (even part-time). Check out my reviews of Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Washington DC and the National Parks.
- Peeps Take Manhattan! – What can I say – I love me some Peeps!
- Mom at the Indianapolis Children’s Museum – It’s OK to be a kid again!
- A Journey to Normandy – Deb Wood’s trip with her father and uncle to Normandy in remembrance of her uncle Frank, a paratrooper who participated in the D-Day landing (and died three weeks later) is incredible moving. Deb is an inspiration to me (and a reminder of why this blog is important).
- Reviews of Ultraviolet (part 1 and part 2) – My favorite restaurant experience EVER. I still dream about that evening!
Here’s to our next year together!