Complete Terms & Conditions for Travel with Aging Parents Sweepstakes.
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Completing the survey does not improve your chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law.
1. Promotion description: The ‘Travel with Aging Parents’ Sweepstakes begins on 11/29/14 at 6:00 PM Eastern Standard Time and ends on 12/14/14 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (the “Promotion Period”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Travel with Aging Parents (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all aspects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the giveaway. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
2. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the USA who are 18 years or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Proof of age and legal U.S. residency may be required. Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributers, publishers, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize.
3. Winner Selection: The winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted within 48 hours of the end of the Promotional Period by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of Entries received. Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information on or about 48 hours after the random drawing. If any winner cannot be contacted after two (2) attempts over a ten (10) day period, he/she may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively “the Prize Claim Documents”) within ten (10) days of the date of notification. if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if the Prize Claim Documents are not properly executed and returned within the time allowed or if any winner rejects her prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes Rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
- One (1) winner will receive one (1) American Express Gift Card (approximate retail value or “ARV” $100 US. American Express and Facebook are not sponsors or promotional partners of this Sweepstakes.
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitation may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
- All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
5. Online Entry: Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period online by signing into the entry form and perform the tasks provided. The Survey must be fully completed for the entry to be considered for the Sweepstakes drawing. The entry form can be found on the following websitehttp://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TravelwithAgingParents.
Additionally, entrants can also enter by emailing their first and last name, complete postal address (no PO boxes), email address, birth date and daytime telephone number (including area code) to: email@example.com. Entrants must include the name of the Sweepstakes in the subject line of the email. All email entries must be received during the applicable Promotion Period. Any entries received after the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of the reason, shall be void.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than one (1) Entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant’s Entry and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official time keeper for the Sweepstakes.
7. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failures, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of emails or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension or modification. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES. ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S/LEGAL FEES, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Sweepstakes, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules (“Claim”) must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the United States. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. ENTRANTS WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY OR AS MEMBERS OF ANY CLASS OF CLAIMANTS PERTAINING TO ANY CLAIM OR IN A PURPORTED REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC OR OTHER PERSONS SIMILARLY SITUATED.
8. Conditions: Participation in Sweepstakes (including, but not limited to acceptance of Prize) constitutes each entrant’s permission for Sponsor or any assignee or licensee of Sponsor, and entrant grants the same the non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, fully paid up right and license, to use entrant’s name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, biographical information and/or any statements made by in the entry of the Sweepstakes (in whole or in part) or Sponsor for any publication in any means and media, whether now known or hereinafter developed, whether alone or as a part of a larger work as well as in advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, and including making derivative works of entrants’ statements, in each case except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrant, on his/her behalf, and on behalf of his/her respective heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors and assigns (i) represents that he/she meets all of the eligibility requirements for the Sweepstakes, (ii) all statements made in the Sweepstakes are original to entrant and entrant has the rights to grant to Sponsor the rights granted herein to each statement made in the Sweepstakes, and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its publishers, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, partners, licensees, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, lost profits, indirect or direct damages, consequential damages, incidental damages, punitive or exemplary damages, judgments, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with participation in any Sweepstakes related activity, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize including any activity, and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and prize delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Sponsor does not make, nor is Sponsor in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize. If entrant does not comply with these Official Rules, or attempts to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way, she will be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
9. Winner’s List: To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list of a copy of the Official Rules, send the applicable request and a self-addressed, stamped, #10 envelope to Travel with Aging Parents at [171 E. 81st Street, #3C New York NY 10028]. Requests must be received no later than 48 hours + 6 months after the end of the Promotion Period for the name of the winner, and by the end of the promotion, for a copy of the rules.
10. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Travel with Aging Parents. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Twitter.
11. Facebook Disclaimer: Entrants should understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.